Aa
A
A
Close
This is a private group
I am interested in taking recovery to the next level, to truly change my MO, instincts, and habitual knee jerk reactions to be constructive in their nature. Evidence based therapy, CBT,DBT, etc..., has been most effective in helping me do that and is still helping me continue to improve my thinking, in turn, my feelings, in turn, my actions. A group of us are going through David D. Burns, "The Feeling Good Handbook," together, anyone can join in at anytime. Thoughts have changed the world more than any one thing. Like, "love your neighbor as yourself," "I think, therefore I am," and "There is no such thing as a free lunch." These thoughts form who we are and how we respond to our situations and feel about them. Let's change the world with our thoughts and perceptions, rather than continuing to just react on autopilot. Wikipedia says, Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a short-term psychotherapy originally designed to treat depression, but is now used for a number of mental illnesses.[1][2] It works to solve current problems and change unhelpful thinking and behavior.[3] The name refers to behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, and therapy based upon a combination of basic behavioral and cognitive principles.[3] Most therapists working with patients dealing with anxiety and depression use a blend of cognitive and behavioral therapy. This technique acknowledges that there may be behaviors that cannot be controlled through rational thought, but rather emerge based on prior conditioning from the environment and other external and/or internal stimuli. CBT is "problem focused" (undertaken for specific problems) and "action oriented" (therapist tries to assist the client in selecting specific strategies to help address those problems),[4] or directive in its therapeutic approach. CBT has been demonstrated to be effective for the treatment of a variety of conditions, including mood, anxiety, personality, eating, substance abuse, tic, and psychotic disorders. Many CBT treatment programs for specific disorders have been evaluated for efficacy; the health-care trend of evidence-based treatment, where specific treatments for symptom-based diagnoses are recommended, has favored CBT over other approaches such as psychodynamic treatments.[5] However, other researchers have questioned the validity of such claims to superiority over other treatments.[6][7] What say you? Lets give it a shot and find out.

Founded by weaver71
Founded on March 6, 2015